Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 01:12:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Grimm <grimm@shell.pgonline.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recovering from disaster, and other nastiness...

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Tue, 24 February 1998 at 23:09:13 -0800, Grimm wrote:

> > Either that, or - as I suspect it may be - it means I need to change
> > the size of my /proc partition.
>
> What gives you that idea?

(after reading provided information about /proc) I meant the disk cache,
actually. I mistook that that was where it lived.

What gives me _this_ idea is that a) I haven't increased the size of my
disk cache to correspond with the increase in RAM. and b) I imagine the
system might have a bit of a problem with this when suddenly it can't
read/write stuff where it doesn't have room to write to.

> > And second, if it is, how does one _do_ this nondestructively?

This still stands. Either way, I need to find out how to do this when I
_do_ manage to upgrade with some working RAM.