Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 21:35:27 -0700
From:      John Milford <jwm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@sabre.goldsword.com>
Cc:        jin@george.lbl.gov, mburgett@cmnsens.zoom.com, hardware@freebsd.org, root@meeko.eecs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: K6 - New results.. & [Added - Parity issues also?)

"John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@sabre.goldsword.com>  wrote:

> To throw another  note in this thread (& perhaps tie it into the
> parity thread...)
>
> I just noticed this on the Asus web site:
>
>     Question:
> 	 I get a memory parity check error when ECC/Parity option
> 	is enabled in BIOS setup on my motherboard with a AMD K6
> 	CPU installed.
>
>     Answer:
> 	 Please upgrade your BIOS with version 0203.004 or above to fix
> 	the problem.
>
> I don't remember the BIOS versions of the various "test" systems...
>
> John	(Who has to go check BIOS rev's on some P55t2p4 boards...)

	If my K6/200 and ASUS P55t2p4 is any indication, you can't
boot if you are hitting this problem.  It was taking an NMI right
after the BIOS banner, and before showing the system configuration.

	For those of you that are wondering, my K6 is seeing the make
world problem.  I haven't posted yet becuase I am waiting for  a
fan/peltier cooler to arrive so I can test with it.  Unfortunately I
don't have the date stamp off the chip  because I am about 50 miles
froim the the machine, and it is pulling 24x7 server duty now.  It
appears that the day to day duty I subject it to does not cause any
problems.

		--JOhn