Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:22:31 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>, James Raynard <fhackers@jraynard.demon.co.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs-cur-2135

: This means keeping two copies of the delta around (effectively). Why
: not just offer a mail robot to do this? With the change that I have
: nearly finished for ctm_smail to allow the slow queue option, such a
: robot would be (nearly) trivial to write.

I'm not sure I follow why you'd need two copies of the deltas around.
You'd create teh deltas as you do now.  Then, before sending them off
you'd shop them up into smaller bits at file boundries.  Then they
would go out like that.

However, thinking about that, it strikes me as too dangerous.  If
someone did a checkout on the partial delta, then things could be very
broken.  So forget that I said anything :-)

I'm not sure how having a mail robot would solve this problem unless
you could ask it to retransmit part 27 of 40 because that somehow got
lost/damaged in transit.

Warner