Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:44:37 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 Missing frames fix

I've also noticed the occasional case where the system seems to lock
up pretty tight.

In my case, it seems to be related to having fxtv's view window resized
to something between the default "small" size, and full size and having
a marginal input signal.  It might be related to occasional loss-of-sync
sort of provocation, but its not real clear.  In my case, I don't recall
still seeing live pictures on the display, but the box hasn't reset; I'm
still hearing the audio through the soundcard mixer.

Also, as I've mentioned to Randall, I think that the even/odd fields are
interchanged.  Someone else mentioned this before, and it seems
noticable if you look at text and graphical objects on the tv broadcast.
I recall looking at this a little while ago, and I thought that the
way the RISC program were being built had the wrong field (even or odd?)
starting off in the memory buffer.  Is it just me, or is anyone else
noticing this?

louie