Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:27:38 -0500
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@chrome.onramp.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS question

Hackers,

Is there a way to reliably claim to do DNS for anything less than
a full Class-C subnet?  I only have a 3-bit subnet, and I question
my 'Net friendliness if I claim this in my named.boot:

    directory       /etc/namedb

    cache     .                                   named.root
    primary   0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA                localhost.rev

    primary   jdl.com                             jdl.hosts
    primary   166.1.199.IN-ADDR.ARPA              jdl.rev

The point here is that I appear to resolve all of subet 199.1.166.*
when I really only can legitimately resolve 199.1.166.[200-207].
Is there some syntax not revealed in the Albitz/Cricket book that
means sort-a like:

    primary   200.166.1.199.IN-ADDR.ARPA/29              jdl.rev

Meta-question: Is there a better DNS list to question for this one?

Thanks,
jdl