Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:51:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        gandalf24@hotmail.com (Gandalf T. Grey)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd Query: Is someone 'camifying' ncv0 scsi?

Gandalf T. Grey wrote...
> Hi,
>
> I sent this out recently, but I don't recall getting from the list, and I
> just searched but couldn't find it in the archives.
>
> I never got any responses, so I was hoping the message was just dropped
> somehow.

Well, if you get no responses, it generally means no one knows the answer.

> I'm also including the scsi mailing list, since I'm asking about a scsi
> driver.
>
> OK, here we go again...
>
> Can anyone tell me if someone is working on / has worked on /is willing to
> work on Camifiying ncv0?
>
> I've been told that it worked fine under 2.x, and that it just needs to be
> camified to work under 3.x.
>
> I just want to find out whether there is any hope of getting my Panasonic
> pcmcia scsi (KME KXLC004) working on my ThinkPad 560x running 3.2-RELEASE.
>
> TIA for any info you can offer, I'm trying not to give up hope.

Well, in view of the fact that I've never even heard of a "ncv" driver, and
can't find any reference to such a driver (*) in the pre-CAM -current tree,
I think your chances may be kinda slim.

(*)  I did find one reference to "ncv" in sys/i386/isa/scsi_dvcfg.h, but
     that's it.

So you'll need to explain what driver you're talking about, and what
chipset it supports.  (i.e. what chipset is in this Panasonic SCSI card)
As far as I know, there has never been a "ncv" driver in the tree.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org