Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:31:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xiotech Magnitude and QLogic experience?

Hi,
  We've been presented with a tender for a large-scale storage system
using fibre channel. It's based upon the Xiotech (www.xiotech.com)
Magnitude system.

http://www.xiotech.com/cgi-bin/magnitude.pl

It's to be used for storage with Netware and UNIX using differing areas of
the disk. Looks good.
  However, I've had no experience of FC before. I notice 4.0S supports the
QLogic cards. I'd like to know whether Magnitude and a QLogic card under
4.0S would function happily. Is FC as open standard as SCSI? Xiotech do
their own FC cards, but of course they aren't supported. Would the QLogic
be just as good?
  Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)