Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 21:46:49 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Disk Quotas

Hey all,

I've got quotas enabled and turned on, it works fine for my first test
user:

$ quota -u 2001
Disk quotas for user user1 (uid 2001):
     Filesystem   usage   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
grace
 /var/mailboxes    2772  450000  500000              30       0       0

But, it's not working for a newly added user:

$ quota -u 2003
Disk quotas for user user3 (uid 2003): none

Yet, if I edquota the user, I see this:

Quotas for user user3:
/var/mailboxes: kbytes in use: 0, limits (soft = 450000, hard = 500000)
        inodes in use: 0, limits (soft = 0, hard = 0)

And, this user is definitely using some disk space:

$ du -sx ~user3
796     /var/mailboxes/user3

Now, user2 did the same thing until I ran quotacheck, then it worked
fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--