Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:36:54 +0200
From:      "db" <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New computer....help wanted :-S

Hi

Got my new computer with an Intel 915g MB and an Intel 3.0GHZ CPU. =
FreeBSD can't find the onboard NIC, but nevermind I got a Rubytech =
gigabit NIC. Sadly though, it can't find that either, so I tried my old =
10/100 realtek card, but it can't use it. So I have 3 NIC's in the =
computer, but 0 working.=20
When I in BIOS set the OS PnP to yes, I get:

pcib5 <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 30.0 on pci0
pcib5 device re0 requested unsupported I/O range 0x0-0x0 (decoding =
0x9000-0xafff)
re0: couldn't map ports/memory
This is my gigabit card and it says the same about my rl0 (realtek).

When I set OS PnP to no, I get:
rl0: <RealTek 8139 10/100BaseTX> port 0xa400-0xa4ff mem =
0xcffff800-0xffff8ff irq 22 at device 10.0 on pci1
rl0: reset never completed!
rl0: Ethernet address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
rl0: unknown device ID: ffff
device_probe_and_attach: rl0 attach returned 6
It doesn't say anything about re0.

So what is up with this? I know FreeBSD doesn't support pci express, but =
I haven't got any cards in any of the 2 pci express slots, so why all =
these problems? I haven't tried to find my onboard soundcard or graphics =
card, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be pretty :-(

Btw I'm running 5.2.1 (4.10 couldn't find the gigabit card) and I'm =
downloading 5.3-BETA2 (hoping this will solve the problem).

br
db