Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:52:37 -0800
From:      Keith Simonsen <bangel@elite.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.3-RC more problems...

Hi,

In addition to the magically closing xterms, corrupted cvsup files,

Mar 29 16:17:02 blak /kernel: pid 1366 (soffice.bin), uid 1001: exited on signal
 6 (core dumped)

Mar 29 16:33:03 blak /kernel: pid 1521 (communicator-4.7), uid 1001: exited on s
ignal 10 (core dumped)

TreeList failed: Error in "/usr/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4": 646: File is not sorted properly.  Delete it and try again.

src/contrib/binutils/gas/gasp.c: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file

 src/contrib/diff/system.h: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file

This is starting to look like bad hardware... maybe coincidence that I buildworld'd to 4.3 RC.

Anyone have the same problems with this RC:

FreeBSD blak 4.3-RC FreeBSD 4.3-RC #1: Thu Mar 29 07:36:09 EST 2001     root@blak:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BLAAKY  i386

hmm I just locked up an rxvt window trying to do a uname -a... *shrug*

Do any of these symptoms point to anything? I follow UPDATING by the letter.. and I better send this email quick cause all the other xterms just closed, this is the last one left.

thanks
keith