Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:01:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alex V P <alex@neptun.big-blue.net>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISP connections problems

i said that not because i didn't believed you, but because I was dealing
with ascends for a while. I spend hours on the phone with their tech
support ( calls like that cost) and change their firmware couple of times.
after all, my opinion is if nobody can explain something, somethings fishy
about that.
according to me, you have 2 choices:
2' go to 1
in most cases, if I were you, a would've call my ISP, jump on sysadmins
ass ( like they were jumping on mine) until you find a solution. but
before you do that , i hope u have enough knowledge so you can back up
your words so you won't be one among the others ( u know, my mouse won't
work, how can I print from IE5.x2345 or how to save file).
i guess I hate winblows and anything when someone is comparing us ( unix)
with them.
i'm using Freebsd box with the firewall ( 10 computers in the lan at home)
via dialup online, because I don't need fast connection from home. I stay
up for days ( dedicated connections 24/7) without loosing my link. When I
use windows, it cuts me off, every 15 minutes. Can u explain this?
alex
p.s. my english is bad, i know, no ned to remind me ;-)