Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:34:26 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: horde on freebsd6

Setting up Horde/IMP is what you would term a very 'non trivial'
exercise.  It and it's series of ports that it's dependent on needs
to be laid into the system in a particular way or problems like
this happen.  And if you want to completely take advantage of all
IMP's features such as displaying word and excel documents
that are e-mailed, spell checking, and such, you must install
a lot more ports than what are listed as dependencies.  The IMP
port author was apparently shooting for a very stripped-down
IMP installation I'm afraid.

However once you do get it in, and running, it kicks the crap out
of all other webmail interfaces out there.

I have a document I can send to you that are my notes from the
last Horde/IMP install I did on 6.0, just e-mail me off list.
I must warn you though that you probably will have to scratch your
entire installation and start over.  horde/IMP is not a trivial
little php app.

Ted