Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:41:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu (Doug White)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does building current on 2.2.x still work?

Doug White wrote:
> Okay, I give up.  Can someone send the The Complete Guide to Building
> -CURRENT on -STABLE?  The binary format changes have made a complete mess
> of things: if ld doesn't die missing ___error (when BINFORMAT=aout), it's
> the assembler complaining about unknown psuedo-op .section (when
> BINFORMAT=foo to bypass bsd.own.mk's misassumptions about /usr/lib vs
> /usr/lib/aout in a 2.2.6-RELEASE universe).
>
> Or should I just copy /usr/lib to /usr/lib/aout, provide diffs to
> /usr/src/Makefile and /etc/make.conf documenting the new magic variables
> MACHINE_ARCH, BINFORMAT, and the above copying hack, then go back into my
> hole and be quiet?

Ahem, for the umpteenth time:

cd /usr/src
make -m /usr/src/share/mk world

I'm getting real sick of repeating this. If I edit this into
/usr/src/Makefile, do you think people would get the message?

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137