Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 07:39:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports.Attic.950813.tgz

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > creating a 455491 bytes long file in ~ncvs and distributing it via
> > CTM hasn't been the most enlightening idea. :-(
>
> While doing so I also deleted 2.8MB of Attic.  Sorry, but this

I've noticed it.

> stuff must be archived some place, and that is as good as any.
> If I archive it outside of ~ncvs it does not end up on my system
> where I write the backup tapes from that I use to restore repository
> stuff from.

Hmmm... perhaps we really need an `exclude' clause (e.g. for a
non-repository ``~ncvs/tmp'') in CTM.

> And I don't see you complaing about the 2.8MB of file deletes CTM
> should have just told you to go do (or did for you, I am not very
> intune with if that feature got added)

Of course, it does it for me... and i've noticed it.  I've rather been
wondering why it could have been so broken to create such a huge delta
just for the sake of removing some files, until i finally saw that the
real reason for the huge blurb has been an erroneously picked file.

Well, the next delta will only contain the FR (file remove)
instruction.  :-) (Oh no, i won't remove it by hand, this will confuse
CTM. ;)

> If 455Kbytes is a problem for you, how did you mange the 190MB (45MB
> compressed) to get the repository in the first place?

I've got it per tape (from Jordan directly). ;-)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/