Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2014 12:39:20 +0200
From:      Carlos Jacobo Puga Medina <cpm@fbsd.es>
To:        beastie@tardisi.com
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium 37.0.2062.120

Hi!

> So, I was finally able to upgrade for 35.0.1916.153_3.... to 37.0.2062.94.
> This seem to be working, except for the extra windows stuff (toggle the
> setting and it goes away, but close window and reopen...and its back...)

The issue is caused by the recent switch to the new rendering issue (the Aura frontend replaces the current GTK+ frontend which isn't GTK based anymore). For more details see [1].

> But, then I update to 37.0.2062.120...and chrome just exits.  Not sure though
> if the lang/gcc upgrade to 4.8 is involved or not.  The update all the other
> bumped ports is still in progress.
>
> During the update, chromium did stop working....but changing rpath from
> /usr/local/lib/gcc47 to /usr/local/lib/gcc48 fixed that.

If you want to build chromium port using GCC48, add the following lines in Makefile

USE_GCC= 4.8+

Add those lines after .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
CHOOSEN_COMPILER_TYPE= gcc
COMPILER_TYPE= gcc
COMPILER_VERSION= 48

Regards,