Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:30:12 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Bob Martin" <bob@buckhorn.net>
Cc:        <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Non passwd logins

Bob,

I'm using Qmail+Vpopmail+Courier-IMAP for email, and NcFTPd for FTP.  I'm
using private (non-system) password files for everything.

Vpopmail and Courier-IMAP can also auth off a MySQL database, and it's
trivial to write an authentication routine for NcFTPd to auth off of MySQL
as well.

There's patches availiable for Cistron Radiusd to authenticate off vpopmail
passwd files (again, these are non-system).  There are also patches
(ICRADIUS) for running against a MySQL database.  FreeRadius will also have
SQL capabilities.

HTH,

--
  Troy Settle