Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:53:47 -0400
From:      "Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM" <tforrest@mcs.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Identd

rc.local got it.  I did have the natd and rc5des -quiet options at the
end of my rc.conf, moved them and I'll let you know if it is still a
problem.

On to my identd problem.

I have identd running on my FBSD box.  When it is running and I start a
IRC client on any of my proxied boxes and the IRC server sends a ident
request the BSD box's identd will intercept it and answer it.  The
request never makes it to the Win98 box (or any other box on the local
interface).  In the man pages there is a undocumented -v switch but it
does not seem to work.  Is there a smarter version of identd out there?
 I would like to allow identd to run on the bsd box and still allow
requests to get thru to my proxied machines.

tnks.

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@mcs.net
http://www.mcs.net/~tforrest
And now, its time, for some useless, bandwidth wasting words of wisdom:
Windows: Proof that Microsoft has a roomful of monkeys with keyboards.

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 5762 A3CC 8EA5 8542  9666 222B 61A9 2558

** Tag(s) inserted by Bandit Tagger98 - http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c918704