Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 09:10:26 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Teaching sysinstall about the documentation packages

> So, the time has come to think about ripping out the doc distro from
> "make release", and to teach sysinstall about these packages instead.

Actually, if the doc distro becomes a set of packages then sysinstall
doesn't need to know about them as a special case at all (which is
good, every package dependency sysinstall gets is another millstone
around my neck).  They can just show up in the packages menu and
people can select docs, if they wish, while they're selecting their
favorite shells or editors.

- Jordan