Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 00:04:05 -0700
From:      Justin Muir <jkuir@uniserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lean mean kernel with sound!! + dumb questions

Hello. I'm a recent ex-DOS junkie who recently installed FreeBSD.  This
an overwhelming OS to use after years of DOS, but  I do understand the
concept of making a leaner kernel w/o all the unused drivers but I'm
uncertain as to how to accomplish this.  Btw - I would also like to
install drivers for my SB16. Any tips or encouragement?  One other
thing, how can I see where I am amidst all the directories and files? Or
does that not matter now that I've got a real OS?
ps- how do I distinguish between types files etc since I can't seem to
find extensions?