Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:41:31 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suggestion - Automated notice idea.

I've got an idea..... (it happens sometimes you know ;)

Since really getting into FBSD I've been trying to keep an eye
on what going on by reading through my 'cvs commit' mail everyday.
Every now and again I notice that this port or other has changed
(thanks for getting the Msql stuff done so quick, whoever's responsible!
;)  and making a mental note to upgrade it on the system.

It's just occured to me that it would be an absolutely great idea
if there was a mechanism that people could use to be kept informed
about bits of code being upgraded.

Imagine that I subscribe to the mechanism for 'databases/Msql'.  I would
then automatically be informed the the port changed so that I could make
sure that I'm up to date with the current bug patches, etc.

It shouldn't take too much to get it working.  In fact I'll do it myself
if there's enough interest.

Whatcha think?

Joe
--