Date:      Wed, 3 Aug 2022 19:18:40 -0500
From:      Dustin Marquess <dmarquess@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   igb + lagg + vlan + bridge broken in -CURRENT?

I have a -CURRENT system where the networking is kind of convoluted.
The native networking on the machine itself is across 4 cxl(4)
interfaces + lagg(4) + if_bridge(4). The host itself and the few bhyve
VMs on that bridge are still working fine.

There is also a 2 igb(4) interfaces + lagg(4) + vlan(4) + if_bridge(4)
setup that has been working for years up until a few days ago when I
did an upgrade. There's a VIMAGE/VNET jail on one bridge on vlan1 and
a bhyve VM on another bridge on vlan2. Traffic from both of those is
showing up in a tcpdump at the bridge and vlan levels, but NOT at the
lagg and igb levels anymore.

I've had "-vlanhwfilter -vlanhwtag -lro" in rc.conf for the igb/bridge
devices for years. I've ran ifconfig -m and basically disabled all
enabled options thinking maybe some new option is on by default, but
after turning everything off, it still wasn't working.

I finally removed the lagg + vlan part of the config and just ran one
VLAN on one NIC and one VLAN on the other NIC, and that's working
fine. So something in the layer has stopped working recently.

Has anybody else seen anything like this? I'll try adding just vlan
and just lagg to see if I can figure out which is causing it (I'm
guessing vlan) and then doing a bisect to see where it started.

-Dustin