Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:54:16 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "The Wizard" <millambar@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Apache on FreeBSD

Stuart,

to help anyone from MicroSloth to BSD will be a pleasure.

Perhaps a couple of questions to get going:
1) What version of FreeBSD?  try "uname -a"
2) What version of Apache?   try "pkg_info" and look for apache

Anyway, regardless of the above, check the following:
a) are the httpd daemons running?  "ps -ax | grep httpd"
b) if you browse to that box, what response do you get, if any?
c) look for /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf

Feedback on these things, and let's take it from there.....

Patrick.