Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 13:26:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu (Doug White)
Cc:        joe@ns.via.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is Token Ring supported?

> > We need to set up a DHCP server at work - but it needs to support
> > token ring.
> >
> > If FreeBSD doesn't support TR, I guess we'll be forced to use BSDi or
> > even NT.
>
> Not yet.  I thought someone was working on it.

Les Higger (who just posted to questions today) is working on a TR
driver; there are actually several people hacking.

I was looking at the 802.2 LLC code (which is partly there for the
FDDI and partly there for the X.25), and referring to the IBM
document "Local Area Network, Technical Reference", part number
SC30-3383-03/39F9353 and the "Supplement to the Local Area Network
Technical reference", part number SD21-0049-00.

I think the LLC state machine, if fully implemented, is a real bear.
On the bright side, it would be a significant step towards native NetBEUI
support as well.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---