Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 22:01:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA driver, ZIP-Disk and mtools now OK, but mount_msdos ...

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> >
> > Of course i wish you a nice weekend ... but only mtools work.
> >
> > Mount_msdos still fails:
> >
> > mount_msdos /dev/afd0s4 /mnt
> >  mount_msdos: /dev/afd0s4: Invalid argument
>
> Hmm, strange, are you sure the dospartition is on slice 4 ??

Yes.  The wfd and afd drivers have had far different views of the zip disk
partition table for as long as I can remember (trying to make a bootable
ufs zip disk.. oops. didn't work too well).  Anyways:

******* Working on device /dev/rafd0 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=96 heads=64 sectors/track=32 (2048 blks/cyl)
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=96 heads=64 sectors/track=32 (2048 blks/cyl)
Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 2 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
sysid 6,(Primary 'big' DOS (> 32MB))
    start 32, size 196576 (95 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 0/ sector 1/ head 1;
        end: cyl 95/ sector 32/ head 63
zippy:~#mount -t msdos /dev/afd0s4 /mnt/azip
msdos: /dev/afd0s4: Invalid argument

- alex