Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:32:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Grigori Timonen <get@suomi.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/61163: "/:write falied, filesystem is full" during boot from 5.1 installation CD

>Number:         61163
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       "/:write falied, filesystem is full" during boot from 5.1 installation CD
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I found description of my problem on http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-August/016075.html
Actually I have machine without any raid, 120Gb HDD. Yesterday I had 35Gb NTFS first partitition, 70Gb NTFS second partitition, 1Gb FAT, and about 8Gb empty space in the end. I start freebsd install, and see next:

Probing devices
/:write falied, filesystem is full

Today I moved second partition to the end of HDD, so I have 35GB NTFS, 1Gb empty FAT, 8Gb Empty space, and 70gb NTFS in the end. All partitions are primary. Problem still present.

I took away all hardware like tv-tuners, USB devices, One of two RAM modules, tried to make new CD ( using iso image, md5 summ is correct), tried to replace CD-drive with another one.

My Hardware:

MB: Epox 8kha+, Via kt266a chipset.
CPU: Athlon XP 1600+
RAM: 256/512 DDR SDRAM