Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:27:38 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        NetNology <netnology@psinet.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 8" Floppy drive?

NetNology writes:

> Your quote intrigues me
>
> Does this mean that Bill Gates really is GOD?
>
> Gavin
>
> >> ======================================================================
> >> The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its
> >> capacity -- the rest is overhead for the operating system.

I keep wondering why my .signature is constantly equated with Bill Gates?

One of the reasons I selected it was that it says many things, different
things to different people. I like it because it pokes fun at the serious
eggheads who profess to measure things such as the amount of our brain
that is actually used.

Then there is the other slant which suggests our dreams and intuition
originate from the part of our brain which the eggheads can't measure.
Where dreams and intuition are key components of the Human Operating
System.

Another way to look at it is that humans rarely do things the most
efficient way. Or do things for any good reason whatsoever. Must be
due to that lousy Human Operating System.

If nothing else, its a cute way of pointing out that humans are not
computers.

If anyone is curious where I stole my .signature from, it popped up
in fortune(6) one day.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net