Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:56:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gail Pickett <gmpicket@yahoo.com>
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: silo overflow

Another newbie speaking up.

Silo overflow means that the modem dropped a packet
and had to re-try to get it, which slows down the
transfer time of whatever you were downloading.
Pretty harmless in general.

To reduce the number of silo overflows if you are
getting lots fo them (check dmesg), get a faster
serial port or run your modem at a slower speed.

Hope that helps.  Search mailing list archives at
www.geocrawler.com (pick freebsd from the list).

Gail