Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 95 16:41:27 PDT
From:      Postmaster@Gillis.mdc.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD .vs. ACER

I have an ACER 75MHz Pentium, 8 Meg RAM,1.2Gig HD, PCI video, & PCI HD controller.  My question
is this.  When I try to load FreeBSD I get warning messages about my HD, and when I get to the
DISKLABEL part I only have 2 Meg available for my root.  I know this is not the case because I gave
FreeBSD 400 Meg (leaving 800 Meg for DOS) during the FDISK.  If I disable extended addressing in my
CMOS setup, I still get the FreeBSD warning message during bootup/install but I can now set my root size
during DISKLABLE to 20 Meg.  But now it looks like DOS doesn't understand anything greater than
500Meg.  What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

NOTE:  My return mail address is al@hpanalog.mdc.com

Thank You,