Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:41:38 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mh_lists@digitalspy.co.uk>
To:        "Andrea Bacchet" <baccheta@cae.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Jail single ip network (FreeBSD 4.5)

> What I would like to do, is just make the jail invisible
> to the outside world. I mean I have some services running in the
> jail and some outside of it. When users will be asked to login,
> I will give them only the dagobah ip. Depending on what services
> they use, they'll either be logging in to the jail or into the
> host.

I'm pretty sure to do this you'll need to run natd and set up dagobah to act
as a minigateway that can translate and route packets to the jailed
subsystem.

> Therefore I will have to look into natd, to forward the
> requests internally.
>
> If anyone has a quick solution, I'd really appreciate it.
> Until then I'll read into natd.

Think that's where you need to look - although as I've said I don't know
much about jails, I'm just looking at this from a normal networking/freebsd
boxes point of view.

Mark