Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 20:27:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      TR Nguyen <nguyen@omega.uta.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (freebsd-hackers)
Subject:   Threads / getdtablesize()

The pointers in the questions group have led me here...

[Question #1]
I'm running FreeBSD 2.0 RELEASE, and currently, I'm allowed 64 open
files per process. [ getdtablesize() and sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX)
return 64]. I need to push this up to at least 256. I would like to
push it even higher, but sys/select.h has MAXSELFD defined as 256.

For 2.0R, sysctl -w kern.maxfilesperproc = 256 fails since
"kern.maxfilesperproc" is not recognized by 2.0R.

I'm thinking about going to the 03/22/95SNAP and may be hack with the
source itself.

[QUESTION #2]
I would like to write some multithreading apps, and what packages
(free of course) do you recommend? LWP? And where may I get them?

[QUESTION #3]
Is there a HACKER'S FAQ out there?

THANKX!!!!!!!!!1
TR Nguyen

--------- Problems with Microsoft products? ----------------------------
1. Extend hand 2. Fold back thumb, index, ring, and little finger.
3. Locate "RESET" on front panel. 4. Depress, hold for +100ms 5. Release
------ for more info: finger nguyen@omega.uta.edu | less ---------------