Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:09:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        hank@black-hole.com (Henry Miller)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: elf hitch (my fault)

Henry Miller wrote:
> What is the proper way to get rid of the partial elf install that I have?
> I'd like to reclaim some additional space until I get the new drive
> installed.

That's not going to be easy. It depends on where you got up to before
running out of space and how your file systems are arranged.

If you managed to get the aout-to-elf-build to complete, but ran out
of space in /usr during the install and if your obj trees are taking space
from /usr too, then delete /usr/obj/elf to get more space. Then edit
src/Makefile.upgrade and remove everything in the aout-to-elf-install
target after the aout install. Then do another `make aout-to-elf' and
you're back to aout. 8-)

There are a few other alternatives which leave you in an elf state instead
of aout.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137