Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:47:04 -0500
From:      Bruce Vandiver <76350.1227@compuserve.com>
To:        "INTERNET:kfurge@worldnet.att.net" <kfurge@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        tech_help_drivers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   80c30 driver...

>I thought you might be able to help by helping to track down some
>documentation for this chipset. Reading raw code + little experience
>with device drivers + little experience at low level SCSI = a non-trivial task.
>However, I'm willing to give it a try. Any other help you can give to my effort
>would, of course, be very appreciated.

Hi K.C.
I will be glad to help if I can. I have a full set
of owner's manuals for the TMC1680. They are not
highly technical, but they may be of some use.
There are too many pages to scan and e-mail. I will
be happy to send you photocopies of the entire set
if you can provide a mailing address. I could send
just the critical info by e-mail or fax.

Also, I have driver disks for DOS, Windows, & Netware.
I can furnish copies of the disks if you would like.
Documentation indicates that the cards are directly
supported by OS/2, Win 95, NT, SCO Unix, SCO ODT,
SunSoft Interactive Unix, and Novell (now SCO) Unixware.
They are also directly supported by Linux.

On the web, you can find some stuff at www.adaptec.com.
Do a search on 1680 (the card model using the 18c30 chip),
and you will get a few pages.
Here is a good one:
http://www.adaptec.com/support/overview/tmc1680.html

Also, I can tell you that the manuals I have document
a newer and different card design than the web info.
The newer cards use the 18c30 chip and have a set of
rocker switches to set hardware features. The older
cards use the 18c50 chip and have jumpers to set.
Aside from the jumper info, the cards are similar.
They use chips that belong to the Future Domain 1800
or 18cXX family. Adaptec has subsequently used this
chip in some of it's products, like the AHA 2920.

Tell me what you need.

Regards;
Bruce Vandiver
76350.1227@compuserve.com