Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:35:34 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org, tmseck-lists@netcologne.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [acpi-jp 2015] Re: ACPI Poweroff problem

Hi,

> * Nate Lawson (nate@root.org):
>
> > > Power System off using ACPI
> > > ACPI -1287 *** Error: Method execution failed
> > > AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
> > > ACPI -1287 *** Error: Method execution failed
> > > AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
> > >
> > > ACPIEnterSleepStatePrep failed AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
> > >
> > > (so, or similar).
> > >
> > > PS : I have an VIA KT266 chipset.
> >
> > Please cc acpi-jp list with acpi problems, as I have on this reply.  Check
> > the current@ archives for the patch 20021122 that iwasaki@ posted.  It may
> > fix your problem.
>
> It seems that some problems were introduced with that patch.

Really?  If so, could you describe them?  We need to report any
problems to Intel in order to obtain good ACPI support.

BTW, I've seen some AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL problems in DSDT,
especially about one year ago.  Typical ASL code is like this:
            Method(_PS0) {
                Store(Local0, Local0)
                Store(0x1, _PSC)
            }
As you noticed, uninitialized Local0 is referred in Store operator.
It's easy to fix this kind DSDT errors in most cases.
# or updated BIOS may be already provided.
Please check and fix your acpidump output, or send it to acpi-jp ML.

Thanks