Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Set up loader to boot cd

I am trying to make a custom boot CD for FreeBSD.  I got it to the point
to where the CD will boot, load the kernel, but that's as far as it
get's.  It does when it get's to the part where it wants to mount the root
devicd.  It tried to access the floppy drive.

So, do I need to vnconfig the boot.flp and put my own custom loader in it
or what?  I don't want to be puting -C in every time I boot.  Also, when I
put in -C, the kernel will load, but then can't find the CD device....

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Maybe step by step instructions on making
a custom bootable live cd would be nice.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall