Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2000 22:06:20 -0500
From:      Michael Urban <murban@tznet.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help with a porting project.

Hello all,

I have just completed my first port, but I have one small problem.

The port depends on py-gtk, which is a toolkit that allows you to use
GTK in Python. I am not sure what to put this under as a depandancy, or
how to even check for it.

It's not a library I guess, since it doesn't show up in ldconfig's
listing.

Right now, I am thinking of checking for it by using a
RUN_DEPENDS statement, and looking for "/usr/lib/pygtk.h". That is one
of the files it installs. This does work, and I have tried removing the
py-gtk package, and it does detect the missing dependancy, and goes and
installs it. I just want to make sure that this is actually the proper
way to do it before I submit the port.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike.