Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:00:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh-1.2.27 remote buffer overflow - work around ??

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 11:12 PM 11/14/99 -0500, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> >Yes, but it would also be against the patents of our wonderful RSA.
> >Then again, the patent runs out next year; and right now, it's still
> >pretty much "honor system" unless the RSA wants to sue you for some
> >reason.  I can't condone this technically illegal action.  The better
> >question is why aren't you using OpenSSH?
>
> Where is the best place to read about / follow OpenSSH ?  I just tried
> OpenSSH and it does not seem to work with the version of SecureCRT that I
> am using.  I get past the authnetication phase, but then disconnected with
> the message on the client side saying
>
> "Sever does not support Max Packet Size. Continuing" and then nothing.

We have the same problem using SecureCRT v2.3.2, however, v3.0 works just
fine.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.