Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:41:15 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Joshua Lokken" <inspector.us@omicnet.com>, <james_mapson@museum.rain.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Reverse name lookups

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Lokken" <inspector.us@omicnet.com>
To: <james_mapson@museum.rain.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 4:04 PM

Since you're using zoneedit, add a CNAME entry for joloxbox.joshualokken.com
that points to joshualokken.com.  That way when you expose "internal"
hostnames on the internet, they will be resolvable.

I have had to do this to two of my internal boxes whose hostnames sometimes
leak out in email headers.  (Damn sendmail -- when I say masquerade, I mean
it!)

--
Matt Emmerton