Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:53:42 +0800
From:      Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   [CFT] Python 3.1 port

Hi all,

I've made a quick port for Python 3.1, not fully tested,
but please give me some comments and inputs.

http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/bsd.python.mk-python31.diff
http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/python31.shar

usage:
cd /usr/ports/Mk && patch < bsd.python.mk-python31.diff
cd /usr/ports/lang && sh python31.shar
cd /usr/ports/lang/python31 && make install clean

By the way, I added a regression-test target, however I found
it cannot pass all the test cases:

http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/python31-3.1.log
(see "<phase 5: make test>", it even did not finish the test process)

I am looking into these currently.  Also, I found all the python* ports
don't have regression-test target, and I surprised found all the
versions I tested cannot pass all the cases in  "make test" in python:

http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/python25-2.5.4_1.log
http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/python26-2.6.2.log
http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/python30-3.0.1.log

Did anybody be aware this?  Are these ignorable?
Or did I make any mistake in the test process?

Best Regards,
Li-Wen

--
Li-Wen Hsu