Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:04:39 +1000
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Rhavenn StormWing <lists@rhavenn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ping Question

Rhavenn StormWing wrote:

> I sent this over to the newbies list..but then remembered no questions over
> there(sorry for those of you over their too...). Here is my problem(I think
> pretty simple:
>
> I just got pppd to work right and now when I try and ping
> anything(including the localhost) I get this error:
>
> ping: sendto: Permission denied        (this is repeated over and over)

Sounds to me like you have IPFirewall on and it's not allowing icmp
outgoing.  You'll need to modify your ipfw configuration to allow icmp
packets through (don't forget - both directions).

--
Regards                        |    _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    |   /      \

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed
FreeBSD."