Date:      Sat, 05 Jul 2014 23:04:55 -0400
From:      "George Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        testing@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   A new way to test systems in multiple machine scenarios...

Hi,

I've coded up a system to allow you to control multiple other systems
for use in testing.

https://github.com/gvnn3/conductor

It's BSD licensed, of course, and is only alpha quality but I'm using it
in the test lab
to control hosts in forwarding tests.

I'll be updating the system frequently over the coming months as I build
out more test scenarios,
add documentation and the like.

There are two main scripts, player, and conductor.  You run N players,
one per machine, and
a single conductor.  The conductor controls the players by sending down
phases which are
encoded in INI style configs.  There are a few, simple, samples in the
config/ directory
of the project.

Best,
George

NOTE: Conductor MUST run as root to be useful.  Do NOT run on the open
Internet.  It is meant
for private test labs.