Date:      Tue, 23 May 2017 23:58:39 -0500
From:      "Zane C. B-H." <vvelox@vvelox.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mesa Ports

On 2017-05-22 08:54, Robert Burmeister wrote:
> There are still no instructions for upgrading mesa* 17.0.3 to mesa*
> 17.1.0 in Updating.
> Could someone post mesa upgrade instructions for Portmaster and
> Portupgrade?

What worked for me was just deleting the ports it conflicts with via pkg
del -f and
then installing mesa-libs. Everything has worked for me fine after doing
that,
except for on my machine that has a nvidia card in it.

In my system with the nvidia card in it, it caused instabilities. After
updating,
you need to rebuild and reinstall the nvidia driver.