Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:56:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sym troubles

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Gerard Roudier wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Adam wrote:
>=20
> > If you mean the wide and mhz settings in the card "bios" setup (F2 at
> > boot), I have the cdrom set to wide and 20mhz.  I just noticed too that=
 it
> > reports the proper speeds when the cdrom drive contains a cdrom during
> > boot.=20
>=20
> The driver renegotiates for WIDE=3D0 and so for NARROW/ASYNC=20

I should wrote: 'The driver renegotiates WIDE using the current settings
of the device if it is not 8 bit, otherwise it renegotiates SYNC using the
current settings of the device if it is not async (offset !=3D 0)',
otherwise it does not perform a negotiation'

> prior to
> sending the REQUEST SENSE command following a CHECK CONDITION status
> returned on the previous command. This is the behaviour I choose for the
> driver in order to succeed the read of SENSE DATA when a UNIT ATTENTION i=
> present at the device side (due to a BDR sent by another initiator for
> example, or the device having been switched off then on, etc ...).=20
>=20
> Anyway, I expected the driver to renegotiate for the user wished settings
> on the next SCSI commands (2 commands are needed due to the driver
> negotiating WIDE on a command and then SYNC on the next command). If this
> does not happen, then something has to be fixed. Will check the code and
> prepare a fix if (as?) needed.
>=20
> Thanks for your report.
>=20
> Regards,
>    G=E9rard.=20

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.
(Btw, no explanation of the problem, for now).

  G=E9rard.