Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:35:32 -0300 (EST)
From:      Rodolfo Heitor Gevaerd de Faria <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: snd971007.tgz

Luigi Rizzo was saying that,
^ [crossposted to -stable and hackers since people might be interested
^ there as well -- sorry for the duplicates... reply go to multimedia
^ only]
^
^ New snap of the sound code at the following URL:
^
^ 	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd971007.tgz
^ 	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/pnp970924.tgz

Is this code already in 3.0-current ?

I'm trying to put an SB16 (It's not PnP) to work in a 3.0-current.
Everything works fine except for VAT.

When I start vat I get:
SNDCTL_DSP_GETFMTS returns 0xb0000058 full duplex

but all I get is noise.

I know you have a hacked version of vat, this is the version of vat I'm
using which I got from a friend of mine.

any suggestions ?
^
^ this implements AUTO-DMA mode, has been tested for several days on a
^ 2.2.1 system. It seems to work quite well in full duplex with
^ Crystal CS423x, Opti931 and even with the SB16 (and clones of WSS
^ and SB16). It works in half duplex with the SBPro, although with
^ some limitations.
^
^ Compared to previous snapshots, this code does not suffer from the
^ problems (clicks and deadlocks) which affected the previous driver with
^ certain boards.
^
^ I have added some code so that -current users can use the code by
^ simply uncommenting a #define USE_POLL in file sound.h
^
^ If there is sufficient positive feedback it might be possible to put
^ this into 2.2.5 so please guy test this code.
^
^ The code is still a bit verbose but this is done to ease debugging. If
^ you have problems please supply, in plain ascii, the following data:
^     - OS version;
^     - card type (the more detail, the better it is)
^     - dmesg output if relevant;
^     - pnpinfo output if you have a PnP card.
^
^ 	Thanks for your help.
^ 	Luigi
^ Luigi Rizzo                  |  Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
^ email: luigi@iet.unipi.it    |  Universita' di Pisa
^ tel: +39-50-568533           |  via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
^ fax: +39-50-568522           |  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/
^

	Rodolfo H G Faria
       <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>