Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 17:59:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Max Laier" <max@love2party.net>
To:        Mateusz =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=C4=99drasik?= <m.jedrasik@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_xe and altq on FreeBSD-6

Hi Mateusz,

On Sat, May 13, 2006 2:04 pm, Mateusz Jędrasik wrote:
> I've recently became an owner of Xircom 16-bit PCMCIA 10/100 Ethernet
> Card,
> which gets picked up by FreeBSD-6.1 as xe0 by the if_xe(4) driver. Here is
> line from dmesg:
>
> <snip>
> xe0: <Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100> at port 0xd040-0xd04f iomem
> 0xff904000-0xff904fff irq 11 function 0 config 1 on pccard1
> xe0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> xe0: version 0x45/0x04, 100Mbps capable
> <snip>

> So my kind request here i guess would be if someone could perhaphs find
> some
> time in their schedule to mayhap enable altq on this interface, or at
> least
> reply to me why it is not possible..

Look at the drivers at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/ALTQ_driver/

It's usually a rather simple task, but having it locked first certainly
helps to make it not explode.  I won't get to it right now, but write me
an email or send in a PR after you've looked at it and got somewhere (or
didn't) and I see it into the tree.