Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:35:55 +0100
From:      Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with X..

On Mi, 2005-02-23 at 17:09 -0500, Aaron Dudek wrote:
> I seem to be having an issue with the keyboard driver under xorg 6.8.1.
> I have specified the keyboard driver in xorg.conf but all the keys are
> shifted to the left by 1, eg. I hit "g" and I get "h". Is this correctible
> under 6.8 or do I have to downgrade to 6.7?
Try the following:

Edit scripts/configure in the  ports-directory of the xorg-server.
Add:
echo "#define UseDeprecatedKeyboardDriver YES"  >> $LOCALDEF
to the big block of definitions at the beginning.
Then recompile the server and it should work with your config.
This worked for me on my Ultra10.

--
Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann@gmx.net>