Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:16:19 -0700
From:      John Barbee <jbarbee@singular.com>
To:        tstevenson@lcsd2.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyrus imap: cyradm core dumps

>I have been running Cyrus Imap 1.5.19 with FreeBSD 3.1 just fine.  You are
>going to need to give more details to your setup to see if there is any
>different in the way you did it.

ok..

I went to /usr/ports/mail/cyrus and did make install.  Cyrus installed fine
with only noticeable error.  The installer couldn't find pw and told me to
add the cyrus group manually.  Other than that the installation seems fine.

from /etc/passwd
cyrus:*:60:60:the cyrus mail server:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin

from /etc/group
cyrus:*:60:daemon

the uncommented lines of /usr/local/etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /usr/local/etc/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: root

from inetd.conf
imap4   stream  tcp nowait  cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/bin/imapd imapd

fserver# imtest localhost 143
* OK fserver.blah.com Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.19 server ready

but if i run cyradm
fserver# cyradm -user root localhost 143
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

as far as i know all cyrus related files are owned by cyrus, but i could
show the output of that if anyone thinks it's useful.

cyrus itself seems to be ok.  like i said, this wouldn't be so urgent if
there was some way to add mailboxes without cyradm, but nonetheless, i'd
like to the utility fixed.

thanx.
john.