Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:17:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        imsleepy <imsleepy@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pine error - pine starts readonly

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, imsleepy wrote:

> [Mailbox is open by another process, access is readonly]
>
> i get the above whenever i start pine as any use other than root, but
> i know i dont have any other processes of pine running.

This is, as I recall, a FAQ.  Go check the pine FAQ (not sure of the
webpage, but I think pine will take you there or at list it in one of the
menu options' pages).  I had this happening a long time ago and can't
remember what the fix was, but I know I fixed it.  :-)

You can also probably search the freebsd-questions list.

Brett