Date:      Tue, 4 May 2004 10:51:19 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Wayne Sierke <ws+freebsd-questions@au.dyndns.ws>
Subject:   Re: recommends on the best webstats suite?

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:03:39PM +0930, Wayne Sierke wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 02:25, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	To the list,
> >
> > 	I think I have tried all that you guys have mentioned.
> > 	The only one that just-worked out of the box was
> > 	webalizer. (it's been awhile... )  awstats was a bear;
> > 	and analog was a bear++.
> >
> > 	Is there any tutorial guidance--anywhere--for awstat
> > 	or analog??
> >
> You probably need to be more specific about what you are seeking help
> with, awstats didn't present any problems that I recall when I installed
> it from ports. The only issue I do have is trying to keep our local
> browsing excluded from the reports because of our dynamic IP address.

	I'm finished the config section; but now am pointing lynx
	at the html docs.  This is probably a case where I need to
	be patient and RTFM.  --Or really, print out the docs and
	go in a quiet corner since reading online gives me problems.

	One thing you can help me with is: what cmd to I type to
	get awstats going?  (I've configured to have the output
	be placed in /var/log rather than in "."  but now what?)

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix