Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 12:13:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with 3.0

Lately I've had some problems with 3.0, I'm wondering if anyone else has
encountered them.

1.  When running 'config' to build a new kernel it complains that I'm
using the wrong version of config.  I managed to solve this by rebuilding
the config binary from source, mostly I'm curious what caused this.

2.  'w: proc size mismatch (16800 total, 668 chunks): undefined error 0'
This one is new to me - any ideas?

3.  'top
kvm_open: proc size mismatch (16800 total, 668 chunks)
top: Out of memory'

----

In addition to the problems listed above the machine has been nothing
short of lethargic.

It's a fresh 3.0 install - I've sup'ed the sources & ports once
(yesterday), but have not yet build world.  Ideas?