Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:36:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org (FreeBSD ISP)
Subject:   annex may be the culprit!

So it seems that the Annex may be the culprit in my long standing
connection woes.!!! bummer dude. Can't see anything else in the stream,
and I haven't got a hope of translating anything I see in tcpdump.
I like the line (You will find tcpdump most useful) in the man page. Really!
Need a short course in it I think.

Anyway, the saga continues. Now, I may try and set up ppp in auto mode,
only needing to dial out and stay connected. I'm going to have nightmares
over this I'm sure. I have read the handbook, and it looks easy. Famous
last words. How do I stop it from timing out, and hanging up though!
I have my own IP class C, so thats easy, static IP section. Gateway
and IP forwarding so the rest of my net can see out.

Seems overkill, when this outrageously expensive Annex should be doing the
job... oh well. see the manufacturers as they say :-)

bc
--
Triple-W: P.O. Box 2003. Mackay. 4740       		   +61-0412-079025
robert@chalmers.com.au for Whirled Peas		http://www.chalmers.com.au